From Doctor of Fine Arts to Midnights: A Taylor Swift’s 2022 retrospective.
1. In 2022, Taylor was recognized by the Nashville Songwriters Association Internacional (NSAI) as the singer/songwriter artist of the decade (2010-2019). She was the first woman to receive the title. The event had a speech from Swift detailing the process of songwriting and a presentation of ‘All Too Well (10 Minute Version).
2. The singer released ‘This Love (Taylor’s Version) which was the soundtrack from ‘The Summer I Turned Pretty” and ‘Carolina’ as the soundtrack from ‘Where The Crawdads Sing’, which later has been shortlisted for ‘Best Original Song’ at the Oscars and is nominated for multiple others awards.
3. Taylor tagged a participation beside Martin McDonagh for #DirectorsOnDirectors, produced by Variety. In the occasion, she revealed that she's working on her first feature film, which will premiere in cinema under Searchlight Picture Studios, this will mark her biggest project as a director to date.
4. Taylor Swift received the honorary doctorate degree in Fine Arts from New York University for her artistic contributions to the world. She was classified by the institution as “one of the most prolific and famous artists of her generation”. The event featured a speech by the singer to the 2022 class.
5. Swift continued extending her record as the most awarded artist in the AMAs history totaling 40 awards, in this same year, she was present and managed to take 6awards home.
6. Taylor was also nominated in 4 categories at the 2023 Grammy Awards, racking nods for Song Of The Year, Best Country Song, Best Song Written for Visual Media and Best Music Video, all thanks to her re-recorded album Red (Taylor’s Version).
7. Midnights, her tenth studio album was released on October 21. Containing 13 tracks in the standart edition and more 7 tracks on the 3 a.m. edition. The project broke inumerous digital and physical records, and was received with a lot of praise by social media and critic reviews.
8. She also announced her new tour for 2023, titled ‘The Eras Tour’ with more than 50 dates in United States and more dates to be announced in other countries. With the first dates were already sold out in the pre-sale, it was reported by Ticketmaster that their website received more than 14 million accesses with fans trying to buy a ticket. With more than 2 million tickets being sold just in a single day.
9. Taylor attended both the Tribeca and Toronto film festivals to talk about her experience directing "All Too Well’ the short film", in the company of Sadie Sink and Dylan O'Brien.
10. The artist conquered the entire top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart with tracks from ‘Midnights’, which later in the year achieved the feat of being the first album since the 80s to sell more units on vinyl than on CD.
11. On Spotify, she reached the milestone of 36.6 billion streams, becoming the most streamed female artist in the history of the platform. Nine of her albums surpassed the 2 billion streams mark to date. With Lover surpassing 5 billion streams this year and Folklore surpassing 4 billion.
12. Taylor has amassed 23 million sales in 2022, achieving the highest selling milestone of any artist in the 21st century, surpassing Michael Jackson.
13. She also appeared among the 500 personalities assembled by Variety and Forbes as one of the most powerful women in the world, standing out as one of the few singers to be present on the list.